What’s The Real Mean of ‘Smart City’?
Smart City: A smart city is one that has digital technology embedded across all city functions.
Smart City Mean of (smarter city) A Smart City equipped with basic infrastructure to give a decent quality of life and clean and livable environment to live smarter.
Smarter City uses digital technology and information and communication technologies (ICT) to better quality and performance this engage more effectively and actively with its citizen. The Smart City includes government services, transport, traffic management, energy, health care, water and waste.
The smarter city applications are major goal of improving the management and transforming the urban areas. The major technological, economic and environmental changes have generated interest in smart cities.
Some major points of smart cities activation are:
- Innovation in industries, clusters, districts of a city
- Knowledge workforce: Education and employment
- Creation of knowledge – intensive companies
- Energy/ Utilities
- Protection of the environment/ Safety
- Administration service of the citizen
- Participatory and direct democracy
- Service to the citizen: Quality of life
A city can be defined as ‘smart’ when investments in human and social capital and traditional (transport) and modern (ICT) communication infrastructure fuel sustainable economic development and a high quality of life, with a wise management of natural resources, through participatory action and engagement.