According to the official news released Mangaluru city will be developed under Amrut Scheme. The scheme is aiming to construct seven roads in the city limits. It was also reported that Vinay Kumar Sorake, state minister for urban development along with district incharge minister B Ramanath Rai has laid the foundation for concreting work on seven roads. » Read more
Indian Central Government has launched three mega projects 100 Smart Cities project, AMRUT City projects and Housing Scheme for all for transforming urban India. Around Rs. 3 lakh crore budgets has been allocated for these projects in next 5 years.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is very initiative for develop urban India and actively working on these projects. The Indian Government want transform urban cities in Smart Cities and high tech city.
100 Smart City Projects
Indian Government Rs. 48,000 Crore is spent on creating 100 Smart Cities in India. Indian Government shows of buildings percentage of Smart Cities project in India.
State Percentage (%)
Govt’s smart city project will need rectify issues if they want to develop world class Smart Cities in India.
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) for 500 Teir 2 and Teir 3 state will be launched with Smart City project.
List of selected state but Uttar Pradesh (UP) again leads nominate cities under this project.
State No. of City
Uttar Pradesh 64
Tamil Nadu 33
Andhra Pradesh 31
West Bengal 28
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) Housing-for-All by 2022
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) Housing-for-All by 2022 will see the government spend about Rs 3 lakh crore in the next seven years as it aims to construct 2 crore affordable houses in urban areas for slum dwellers and people from economically-weaker sections and low income groups.
Under the housing scheme, interest subsidy of 6.5 per cent on housing loans with tenure up to 15 years will be provided to EWS and low income groups, giving them a benefit of about Rs 2.3 lakh each.
Uttar Pradesh will get 13 number of cities to be developed as smart cities under 100 smart cities has followed by Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra.
After flagship Urban projects, the government has assigned number of cities. These cities can nominate under 100 smart cities project as well as under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation scheme.
List Of AMRUT Cities: Click Here
second list of smart city: Click HEre
3rd list of smart cities: Click Here
UP have a great opportunity to nominate 13 cities to be developed as smart cities according to a senior official of Urban Development Ministry about 64 RPT 64 cities in the state have been identified under AMRUT scheme.
Tamil Nadu comes second with the allocation of 12 smart cities and 33 AMRUT cities. While 37,31 and 21 cities have been identified in Maharashtra, Gujrat and Karnataka respectively under AMRUT scheme.
Complete List of 98 Cities Released by Government:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands : Port Blair
- Andhra Pradesh: Vishakhapatnam, Tirupati, Kakinada
- Arunachal Pradesh: Pasighat
- Assam : Guwahati
- Bihar: Muzaffarpur, Bhagalpur, Biharsharif
- Chandigarh: Chandigarh
- Chhattisgarh : Raipur, Bilaspur
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli : Silvassa
- Daman and Diu: Diu
- Delhi: Delhi (NDMC)
- Goa: Panaji
- Gujarat: Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Dahod
- Haryana: Karnal, Faridabad
- Himachal Pradesh: Dharamshala,
- Jharkhand: Ranchi
- Karnataka: Mangaluru, Belagavi, Shivamogga, Hubballi-Dharwad, Tumakuru,Davanegere
- Kerala: Kochi
- Lakshadweep: Kavarrati
- Madhya Pradesh: Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur,Gwalior, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain
- Maharashtra: Navi Mumbai, Nashik, Thane, Greater Mumbai, Amravati, Solapur, Nagpur, Kalyan-Dombivali , Aurangabad, Pune
- Manipur: Imphal
- Meghalaya: Shillong
- Mizoram: Aizawl
- Nagaland: Kohima
- Odisha: Bhubaneshwar, Raurkela
- Puducherry: Oulgaret
- Punjab: Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Amritsar
- Rajasthan: Jaipur, Udaipur, Kota, Ajmer
- Sikkim: Namchi
- Tamil Nadu: Tiruchirapalli, Chennai, Tiruppur, Coimbatore, Vellore, Salem, Erode, Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Dindigul, Madurai, Thoothukudi
- Telangana: Greater Hyderabad,Greater Warangal
- Tripura: Agartala
- Uttar Pradesh: Moradabad, Aligarh, Saharanpur, Bareilly, Jhansi, Kanpur, Allahabad, Lucknow, Varanasi, Ghaziabad, Agra,Rampur
- Uttarakhand: Dehradun
- West Bengal: New Town Kolkata, Bidhannagar, Durgapur, Haldia
Government has announced the list of smart cities to be constructed in India as well as those under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT).
In the list UP Claims the top spot of highest number of smart cities and it is followed by Tamil Nadu. According official report released, Uttar Pradesh has been given the opportunity to nominate 13 cities to be developed as smart cities, while 64 cities in the State have been identified under AMRUT scheme and Tamil Nadu 12 smart cities and 33 AMRUT cities.
The list is followed by Maharashtra with 10 cities, then by Gujarat and Karnataka are eligible to develop six cities each and 37, 31 and 21 cities respectively Under AMRUT scheme.